Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crazy Tomato Plants

I decided to grow tomatoes on my porch this summer and it has been a big success so far.... well maybe too much of a success! I have tomato vines overtaking my balcony!I thought they were big at this point but they continued to grow and a week later I had this! Althought I don't have a picture to prove it the plants are even bigger now (two weeks later) and they are hitting the ceiling and bending over! Its crazy! but they actually grow tomatoes! Both plants are Cherry Tomatoes, one red and the other yellow. I get more red tomatoes but the yellow ones are extra sweet! Here is my biggest single harvest so far, only a few seem to ripen at the same time, but they are yummy!

2 comments:

Gwiddle said...

Whoa those plants are huge!! Cherry tomatoes are so yummy! You'll have to teach me how to successfully grow some tomatoes, I have the worst luck!

Emily V. said...

I love that they are bending over at the ceiling! wild plants taking over the balcony! I have told you this before, but I wish I was there to eat some of your harvest!

ps have you ever seen any of your hummingbirds try a tomato blossom?

I love all your posts! you guys are awesome and I love to see what adventures you have been going on!