Friday, December 12, 2008
Thanksgiving Hike!
So I have been waiting to post about our hike until I had pictures, but I am tired of waiting! We went to see a cinder-cone outside of the St. George area. We were actually able to hike up to the top to look down into the crater of the dead volcano! It was actually a pretty hard hike, very steep and lots of sharp vocanic rock which was loose and hard to walk in without falling down! But it was worth it when we got to the top, there was a great view and a pretty sunset. It was good that the cone wasn't any bigger, or we might not have made it up and back before dark! I liked looking from the top and seeing the ancient lava-flow over the valley bottom and the other volcanic formations around! One of the best things I liked about the hike was doing it with my family! I was so impressed with a few of my little cousins that made it to the top! One of them is only 7 and every time she took a step she slid back down and fell on the sharp rock, but she was a trooper and never even cried!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment