Friday, October 31, 2008

Gardner Village

This Wednesday I went with a friend and her daughter for a girls' day out! We ventured to Gardner's Village in Salt Lake. We walked around enjoying the boutique shops and Halloween decorations. The Village is a collection of little houses and buildings that are centered around the historic Gardner Mill. The Mill has been converted to a restaurant where we enjoyed a soup and salad lunch. The old cement silo was even used for dining areas!

















After lunch we walked around on the paths and went in several stores. Each store was very unique and filled with beautiful products. Some of the most memorable ones were a shoe store, quilt shop, candy and chocolate shop, cooking store, and one even specialized in selling lace! We took a break at the Protea Cottage where they have tea parties and serve all types of warm drinks! I ordered a Caramel Apple Cider which was so tasty as we continued walking! A lot of the things were probably overpriced but I spotted some good deals that may be worth a return trip! The shoe store in particular had some really unique and stylish shoes for pretty good prices! However, in the cooking store I couldn't resist a good deal on some Vanilla-Hazelnut flavoring syrup that I will use as a special treat in steamers and cocoa for the coming winter! It really was a great day and a fun outing just for the girls!

3 comments:

Emily V. said...

I really love these last two posts! I am so happy when I see you (even if its just a picture)! I love you tons! I have really been slacking on my blog... I don't think I have ever even heard of Gardner village, sounds fun to me, maybe we can go check out the shoes and any other deals you saw when I am there in Dec. Holy cow, Thanksgiving is coming so fast! it is so Great! sadly it is freezing today in Golden. Super Windy! I am wearing my coats and hat and scarf too. I took off my mittens cause that's hard to type! :) Call me too cheap to turn on the heater, We have to keep the windows open a little bit to avoid our house from smelling like smoke from our nice but very cigar loving neighbor. hahah! I should try to get pictures of us from our dress to kill party or halloween up on-line for you to see. I love you. It was great talking to you the otehr day. This is probably the longest comment you have ever gotten!!! :)

Whitney said...

Hey Amanda! I just saw you have a blog and wanted to say hi! Your post makes me miss Utah :).

Ben or Sarah said...

Amadna, I finally found your blog. I loved looking at the 81 picture slide show at the bottom. some of them looked familiar: prince william sound and my front yard. You got to check out my blog...actually lately it is Ben's blog. I don't post much. Your blog makes me wish I took more pictures..very fun. Love Ya.