Jeremy and I were very lucky this summer to be in Alaska for a while with my whole family there! My sister and her husband even came from Texas to enjoy some time with the Awesome Owen Family! We actually spent our first weekend in Alaska in Seward. We camped on the beach across the bay from the town; here is a picture of the beach.

Some of us tried fishing which wasn't very successful, but Jeremy did catch a fish as a reward for his persistance, this picture was actually taken at about 1:30 or 2:00am so you can see how hard he was trying! (it is pretty amazing though because it was actually quite light still, even though it was too dark for the camera!)

I especially like this camp spot because of the little foggy lagoon nearby. It was actually really funny because there was a seagull guarding this lagoon and it would dive-bomb you if you walked on his patch of beach or too near the entrance of the lagoon! It was actually pretty scary, especially when he attempted to "bomb" you for real!

Jeremy and I got up early the next morning to walk down the beach and fish. We saw several different sea-birds and shore-birds, eagles, a seal, a group of 6 or 7 otters, and we watched a humpback whale which was breaching and playing for a long time for all of us to watch! All in ONE morning! It is really great to be in Alaska because it is such a cool place, but most of all it is just great to be with family! I really enjoyed the evening outings just after my dad would get off work, it is amazing how many great adventures are so close to Anchorage! My family really likes to go up to the Glenn Alps and try to spot moose in Powerline Pass.

But sometimes we don't even have to leave home to find wildlife, maybe I should say we can't leave home! This moose was relaxing in the shade right outside our front door! (Jerm thought that was cool!)

One night my dad and David decided we should play paintball which was really fun. Grandma and Grandpa even came. After we had played a few games we did a "chicken shoot" which consisted of dad, David, and Jerm running around as moving targets while we used up the remaining ammo!

One afternoon we went on a walk in Kincaid Park and went down to the beach which is a favorite spot! The bluffs are very high and sandy with beach grass and you can overlook Cook Inlet and the mud flats when the tide is out. You can climb down and relax on a sandy/rocky/muddy beach, but it is fun!
4 comments:
Whoohoo! Fun! I love your pictures, you guys are awesome! It was fun to hear more about what you guys did after we left- the paint-balling pic is great and I love that Gma and Gpa went too!! I have yet to post pics from our camera and Alaska Trip. That is my next one too!
Talk to you soon! Love Em and Parker
Also we both really like the Young Amanda and Young Jeremy posts, so cute! and that is a fun idea!
I took the pictures. Woot! Cool stuff.
The last picture of the two of you is really good! I like the look back in time too. Miss you guys.
~Sarah
Post a Comment